Modern Farmhouse Designs The Rio Grande
Timber Frame Home Kit
2,925 S.F. Living Space $149,045*
2,250 S.F. Main Floor 675 S.F. Second Floor 220 S.F. Open Porch
This pre-designed Farmhouse floor plan features a flexible two-story design. The Rio Grande Timber Home kit maximizes living space while minimizing footprint and delivering a classic farmhouse style. Clerestory and large windows provide ample natural light into the space, for a large, open feel. This large, open living space allows for grand, open views from the interior.
- 21 foot walls with gabled dormers
- 6/12 main roof pitch raised above 3/12 lean-to porches
- Exposed timber roof rafters and exposed floor joists in interior and porches
- 1x6 tongue and groove ceilings interior and exterior
- SIP roof structure
Available Standard Options
- 20x42 frame is ideal for 2 to 4 bedrooms with 2 to 4 bathroom plan layouts in 1 or 2 stories
- Custom configurations and floorplans possible with potential for expansion
- Single or double lean-to porches from 6' to 12’ deep
- Unbroken roof transition or raised main roof with break
- Lean-to porches can be enclosed for more interior square footage
- Modular porch can run all or part way down the structure
- Included timber floor joists for loft support can be removed for single story designs
- Multiple wall heights - single story, story and a half, or full two story designs
- Shed style or gabled roof dormers, or bump-out gable above porches
- Timber Frame
- Rough-sawn exterior board and batten siding
- Roof insulation package with pine T&G interior ceiling
- 2” x 6” vertically framed wall package – 16” O.C.
- ½” wall sheathing and house wrap
- Interior finish, int. wall framing, drywall, paint, etc.
- Residential doors and windows
- Wall insulation (ready for spray foam or batt)
- HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Roofing materials (shingles, metal, etc.)
- Site preparation, foundation, utility hookups
Typically, a Texas Timber Frames Farmhouse Floor Plan home kits can be finished for between $175-$275 per square foot (including our package cost). Your build location and choice of finishes will vary this number widely. This estimated cost per square foot does not include land or land improvements such as septic, well, excavation, lot clearing, and driveway/landscaping, etc. Also, if you decide to add a garage, walkout (daylight basement) level, extra porches, and additional features such as natural stone fireplaces, extra patio doors, etc., this will most likely increase the square footage cost beyond this estimated range.
* Shipping, engineering not included.
* Prices subject to change.